What is a Media Skills Trainer?
- Deliver radio production training sessions to individuals with learning disabilities, supporting them to develop their creative and media skills.
- Provide support and training to individuals in script writing, audio production, presenting, and running a radio station.
- Create a program that addresses topics of interest to the learning disability community, and involves individuals in its production.
- Help to establish a radio station run by and for the learning disability community, providing opportunities for supported individuals to contribute and express themselves.
- Work with other team members to establish links with other providers locally, nationally, and internationally to share knowledge, resources, and best practices.
- Provide support and training for individuals to edit the audio of their own shows.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of individuals, providing regular feedback and support to help them achieve their goals.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop and deliver a comprehensive training program for individuals with learning disabilities, expanding their opportunities for economic participation and personal fulfilment.
- Experience in radio production, audio production, or related fields
- Experience working with individuals with learning disabilities or other vulnerable groups
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage and motivate individuals with diverse needs and abilities
- Knowledge of issues affecting the learning disability community and an interest in promoting personal well-being and self-expression through creative media
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members and establish links with other providers locally, nationally, and internationally
- Strong organisational skills and ability to plan and deliver training sessions effectively
- Commitment to promoting social responsibility and community engagement
If you are passionate about promoting personal well-being and self-expression for individuals with learning disabilities, and have the skills and experience required for this role, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
Email your completed application form to HR@onefyle.org or upload it to the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Current Careers with One Fylde
Support Worker (Part-Time)
One Fylde has ongoing vacancies for Part-Time Support Workers in Blackpool, Fylde, and Wyre, with a great package of benefits.
Support Worker (Full-Time)
One Fylde has ongoing vacancies for Full-Time Support Workers in Blackpool, Fylde, and Wyre, with a great package of benefits.
Media Skills Trainer
The role involves training individuals with learning disabilities in various aspects of radio production, including script writing, audio production, presenting, and running a radio station.
"My role is to offer support to the best of my skills and learn to develop new ways to help people manage and cope with their day-to-day life."John, Support Worker
To take the first step towards a rewarding career in social care, fill in the form and attach your CV, or email us or call for a chat.
Whitehills Business Park