Your Care, Your Way
One Fylde offers tailored support to adults and young people with learning disabilities, and individuals who have additional physical disabilities and challenging behaviour. Our person-centred care is designed to support them in all aspects of their life, whether that’s in their own home, or out in the community. At One Fylde we offer everybody we support:
- Help to do what you want to do, when you want to do it
- Your own specially assigned support co-ordinator
- Access to our 24-hour emergency on-call service
- Regular reviews to help you stay on track with your goals
- Your own One Fylde support and care plan
- Person-centred care that puts you and your choices first
Amazing Staff, Matched to You
We’re passionate about helping people live their best life and we know that starts with an individualised approach.
We understand that you prefer to be supported by people who know you – and know how you like to live your life. That’s why we pride ourselves on retaining the very best staff and support workers, many of whom have been with us for over 10 years. In order to offer you excellent support, One Fylde’s caring staff have:
- An enhanced security check before joining the company
- Frequent appraisals and support sessions
- Ongoing supervision
- Regular training as well as training updates
- Policies and procedures to guide them
Family & Friends Forum
Every quarter we hold a “Family & Friends Forum” at the One Fylde offices in Blackpool, which all are welcome to attend.
Led by Terry Mears, Director of Operations and Quality, this regular event gives the family and friends of our supported people the chance to learn more about One Fylde; make suggestions and give feedback; and get to know the support staff and the wider team.
For more details about our next forum, please contact the office.
"My role is to offer support to the best of my skills and learn to develop new ways to help people manage and cope with their day-to-day life."John, Support Worker
One Fylde is a locally focused, independent, community-led charity providing support and housing to people with learning disabilities and autism across the Fylde Coast.
Whitehills Business Park